Saturday, July 07, 2012

Andrea's Wedding

In May our family had the awesome opportunity to fly out to North Carolina for the wedding our our niece, Andrea.  It was such a story book wedding!  We flew in and got to the beach the night before the wedding, so it was the first thing we experienced on our grand tour of North Carolina--and what a great way to start a vacation!  

I will start you off with some of the professional pictures.  It is tradition in a beach wedding to "trash the dress".  Which is exactly what you think it is.  The bride and groom run into the ocean after the ceremony and dinner.  It was so much fun to watch!  Andrea purposely bought an inexpensive dress so she wouldn't feel too bad about ruining it.  These two are such a beautiful couple, and so in love.  The trashing was my favorite part!


Here is Andrea walking down the "isle" (really just the sand from the catwalk to the arbor) with her dad, Rob.  Rob is usually stoic, but he teared up a little that day.


The whole group.  No shoes were allowed at the wedding.  How cool is that?

I love this picture.  Here are all the Barlow/Young ladies.  Karma (Mom)  Karen (brides mom)  Andrea, Megan (brides sister) and Becky (brides aunt and Karma's other daughter)  Such lovely ladies.

Andrew on the morning of the wedding.


Joshua as we all waited for the ceremony to begin.


Michael was enjoying the beach immensely.


Here comes the groom...


Caitlin was mesmerized by the favors.


After the ceremony we had a nice dinner in the hotel.  It was a small wedding group, but we had a lot of fun! We even broke out and danced while the bride and groom were changing.


Poor Daniel got stuck with our family for the dinner.  I guess that's what you get when you are single and the tables seat six...


Gotta love that boy.


It was a wonderful wedding,and a great event for the Barlow family.  Best wishes, luck, and prayers to the newlyweds in their new life!

4 comments:

carrie said...

The boys were lucky to have Daniel sit with them. They have told me how much they like him ;) Great pictures, they really show how amazing it was!

Putz said...

that is the very very first time i have seen the picture of them romping togeter in the sea<><>,.of course i saw the origninal and one of andrieaia actual in the water all by herself but the one of romping is new to me<><>thanks laura

Daniel said...

I enjoyed sitting all with you. I don't think there we're anybody else I would sit by there. Plus I had 4 extra seats by me and had plenty extra treats and drinks!

Daniel said...

I enjoyed sitting all with you. I don't think there we're anybody else I would sit by there. Plus I had 4 extra seats by me and had plenty extra treats and drinks!